Raja Ampat & Papua Explorers Underwater Photography Trip
November 20, 2021 - December 1, 2021| $4299
Spend 11 nights learning and perfecting your underwater photography skills at this wonderful eco resort located in the heart of Raja Ampat.
Lying in the heart of the Coral Triangle, the Raja Ampat holds the prestigious title as the most marine bio-diverse place on earth – quite a title; but also fact. At its most recent count in 2011 the region was recognized to contain 1427 reef fishes, over 600 coral species (75% of the world’s coral species can be found here), not to mention the pelagic life that is abundant in the area.
This trip is recommended for people who have at least 50 dives
Whats included in the trip:
The prices apply for our 7
All package rates include:
✓ 70 m² Deluxe Water Cottage Accommodation with en-suite bathroom & hot water.
✓ On full board basis (international buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner)
✓ 3 Boat dives per day (excluding arrival and departure day) at iconic Raja Ampat dive sites and unlimited House Reef dives
✓ “The Passage” day trip free of charge
✓ Rates include scuba tanks, weight belts, guide, beach towel, morning tea, coffee & snack
✓ Free Nitrox (excluding night dives)
✓ Afternoon tea/coffee and cakes
✓ Laundry service once per week
✓ 50% off for children <10 years old in parent’s room
✓ Welcome drink
✓ Internet service & WiFi
✓ Free transfer from Sorong airport to the resort and back on scheduled transfer days (Arriving Wednesday, Returning Sunday)
Whats Not included in the trip:
✗ Flights to Indonesia & Domestic Flights to Sorong.
✗ Alcoholic and soft drinks – these can be paid at the resort during checkout
• There are direct flights from Jakarta to Sorong
• If arriving via Bali (Typically what I do – Spend a few day in Ubud to settle) then flights will arrive via Makassar – and the layover is usually around 7 hrs – there is a cheap hotel at the airport you can chill out in. Nothing luxurious, but clean and air conditioned. Also the Makassar airport has been recently updated with Starbucks and other amenities.
• The resort would prefer you to bring eco friendly toiletries / sunscreen.
• Alcohol is very expensive in Indonesia. Take advantage of duty free on the way.
• If you are checking any underwater equipment we always recommend arriving a day earlier in the event of baggage delay. When possible carry on your
underwater camera equipment.
• Currents can be quite strong in the part of the world which is why there is an abundance of fish and sealife. We recommend bringing a reef hook.